The topics covered by CompWood 2017 are
- theoretical (design concepts, material modelling),
- numerical (nonlinear and stochastic simulations), and
- experimental investigations related to computational wood mechanics at different length scales, like the
- wood microscale (cell behaviour, fibers, pulp and paper),
- wood macroscale (solid wood, wood products, laminated members, joints), and
- structural scale (building constructions, construction details, historical applications, musical instruments).